Are you keeping your passwords secure and checking your geolocation?
These tips from the Children’s eSafety Commissioner will get you started:
- Limit your friend list: don’t 'friend' random people.
- Protect your privacy: don’t share your password and set your profile to private.
- Your personal details are valuable: don’t share them.
- Protect your reputation: keep it clean and ask yourself, would you want others to see what you upload?
- Be careful who you trust: a person can pretend to be someone they are not.
- Don't use a webcam with people you do not know.
- Think before you post, chat, upload or download.